We’re looking for a two self-motivated Apprentice Telecom Engineers with the right attitude, who want to get stuck in and learn new things. We don’t expect you to be everything, to everyone, just someone who fits with our family business values and award-winning culture.
Our team wants to see you develop and thrive within your role, applying your on the job training to solve real-world problems. Our goal is to encourage you to be the best you can be, and we recognise stand-out people through internal promotions and structured growth opportunities.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a business offering a secure working environment for our people and the opportunity to work with leading tech in the mobile, landline, IT and software sectors.
So, if you’d like to be a Telecoms Engineer of the future at Barclay Communications, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting a Telecom Engineer to complete installation of internet telephony (VoIP)
- Assisting with site surveys, under the direction of a Telecoms Engineer, at customer premises to ensure we have all of the necessary information available ahead of the final installation.
- Liaise with customer and sales team throughout the projects to ensure the customer’s needs are being met
- Follow instructions provided from an experienced Telecom Engineer
- Committed to studying and gaining a City & Guilds Level 3 qualification in ICT Systems and Principals
- Follow all reasonable and lawful instructions including those relating to Health and Safety
- GCSE English, Math & ICT grade at C or above (*can not hold a third level qualification in any ICT related area*).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including verbal, written and active listening skills.
- A positive, can do attitude
- Team Player
- Interest in the Telecommunications industry
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR CV TO: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and Basic Access NI criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from employment with Barclay Communications. This will depend on the nature of the position, together with the circumstances and background of your offences.