We’re looking for the ambitious, self-driven and dedicated people. The ones that want to get stuck in and learn new things. We don’t expect you to be everything, to everyone, just someone who fits with our family business values and award-winning culture.
Our teams are hard-working and progressive. They celebrate achieving personal goals, career development and individual accomplishments. They want to see you thrive within your role, offering yearly appraisals to map out a path for success.
Our goal is to encourage you to be the best you can be, and we recognise stand-out people through internal promotions and structured growth opportunities. We are experts in our field, operating for over 25 years in business telecommunications. We pride ourselves on offering a secure working environment for our people and the opportunity to work with leading tech in the mobile, landline, IT and software sectors.
So, if you’d like to be a part of our growth plans for the future, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for the position of Finance Officer. The role will involve working in a busy Finance team ensuring that deadlines are met and to a high standard, the role is varied across several areas of Finance, including accounts receivable and accounts payable. The successful candidate will work closely with other departments within the business as well as some of our key external stakeholders. The role will involve assisting in monthly processes and preparing reports.
We offer a competitive salary dependent on skills and experience plus company benefits including 31 days annual leave. Our team will provide the successful candidate with ongoing support within a friendly working environment.
Location: Belfast, BT7 1DT (office based)
Job type: Full-time
Salary: Depending on Experience (£25,000-£30,000)
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the monthly billing import function for Sage accounting software.
- Processing key reports for management using external data files from suppliers.
- Being point of contact for managing commission queries with suppliers.
- Data analysis using Microsoft excel.
- Bank Reconciliations.
- Preparing the companies monthly Direct Debit collection.
- Purchase ledgers duties, registering of Invoices, compiling supplier payment runs and using purchase order processing.
- Debtors ledger duties, producing and posting invoices for certain services and responding to customers queries.
- Involvement with monthly and quarterly stock takes.
- Assist with company credit card reconciliations.
- Assist with monitoring the Finance team inbox – Responding to requests for information and resolving queries.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent team player skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Self-motivated / Positive attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including verbal, written and active listening skills.
- Excellent knowledge in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel and excellent IT Skills.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Experience with Sage 200 Accounts and Sicon WAP is desirable.
The following are mandatory for all employees:
- To comply with company policy and best practice in security, legal and regulatory compliance, including compliance to international and national quality standards.
- To safeguard customer information at all times.
- To access, use or disclose customer information only when necessary to carry out the job.
- To complete, maintain and keep up to date, all paperwork and processes.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities Employer. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and Basic Access NI criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from employment with Barclay Communications. This will depend on the nature of the position, together with the circumstances and background of your offences.