Mobile Fair Usage Policy
- You must only use the services for private, personal and legitimate business purposes.
What to avoid: You must not use your SIM card to support any connection where the SIM card is fitted into equipment for use with applications that primarily transfer information between fixed systems and remotely located handsets/assets or any other remote computer systems.
- Customer shall not connect or continue connection by or on behalf of itself or any End User of any GSM Gateway(s) to the Network without Barclays prior written consent, which may be withheld at Barclays absolute discretion.
What to avoid: You must not establish, install or use a gateway device, application or SIM box (including devices tethered via cable, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, to a computer or the internet) for the purposes of making large volumes of calls or sending large volumes of texts. Don’t use gateway devices, applications, or SIM boxes to send automated messages or to make automated calls.
- You must not use our services or SIM cards to generate artificially inflated traffic or to persistently send automated or unsolicited text messages.
What to avoid: Sending unusually high volumes of SMS messages or sending SMS messages to an unusually large number of recipients or distribution groups in a short space of time or sending any automated or unsolicited SMS messages.
- You must not use our services or a SIM card in such a way that in our reasonable opinion we believe adversely impacts ours or our suppliers’ network or the service(s) to our other customers.
What to avoid: Using our services to do anything which slows down the performance of the network or prevents other customers from using the network as intended because of congestion caused by your usage of the services.
- You must not use our services fraudulently, in connection with a criminal offence, in breach of any law or statutory duty, to make a call or send a message or to take pictures or video or send, upload, download, use or re-use any material, which is offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing, a nuisance (including to our staff) or a hoax in breach of any rights or anyone’s privacy or is otherwise unlawful.
What to avoid: Making nuisance phone calls, unlawful file sharing, and sharing, downloading or viewing inappropriate or illegal content.
- You may use our services in our Europe Zone for periodic travel only, like business travel, holidays or short breaks. If you’re not genuinely using our services for periodic travel, we may have to charge you for, or suspend you from, using our services in our Europe Zone.
What to avoid: Using our services for the first time outside of the UK or using our services within our Europe Zone for prolonged periods which don’t follow reasonable business holiday or travel patterns and behaviour. If you use our services in our Europe Zone for 60 days or more in any four-month period, this is likely to be deemed to be an unfair use of our services and you will be in breach of this Fair Usage Policy.
Barclay reserves and maintains the right at all times to charge for excessive roamed usage and/or to restrict the bandwidth of any data connection in the event that in its sole opinion, the usage is high.
Furthermore, Barclay may also disconnect a user either temporarily or permanently for excessive continued use.
Examples of excessive roamed usage may include:
- Prolonged video streaming
- Multiple users connecting to a wireless router
- Downloading large files over an extended period
- High volumes of SMS messaging
- Use of virtual SIM servers
- These charges are separate to and not included in any Spend cap. By agreeing to their contract, a customer agrees that usage, particularly that of usage abroad and also usage above what is deemed fair may take a period of time to come back to the billing platform. This will mean that the UK Spend cap will not apply and the customer agrees that these charges will stand even if not notified.
O2 Business go Tariffs: O2 Individual & Aggregated Tariffs
- Roaming in World Traveller Service (WTS) countries is subject to fair usage.
- Barclay will deem users that roam in WTS Tier 1 countries and consume more than 25GB of data usage in a calendar month (per connection) as in breach of our fair usage policy and reserve the right to charge for excessive roamed usage and/or to restrict the bandwidth of any data connection.
- WTS Tier 2 countries have a fair usage allowance of 2GB per calendar month (per connection) and Barclay reserve the right to charge for excessive roamed usage.
- O2 Unlimited Tariffs Unlimited data is subject to a fair usage policy of 650GB per calendar month (per connection) and any user exceeding 650GB will be charged. Unlimited tariffs have a fair usage policy of 25GB in Roam Like at Home countries and will be charged if they exceed 25GB.
- In addition, Unlimited tariffs have a fair usage policy of 25GB in World Traveller Service (WTS countries and Barclay reserve the right to charge for excessive roamed usage.
- O2 Unlimited UK Minutes and SMS Unlimited Minutes and SMS are subject to a fair usage policy.
- The fair usage per SIM on unlimited tariffs is set at 3000 minutes and 3000 SMS per monthly billing cycle.
- Any user going over this fair usage policy will be charged for usage over 3000 minutes and/or SMS. If the usage continues to exceed the fair usage policy terms, Barclay reserve the right to bar or disconnect the services.
What happens if your usage falls outside this Fair Usage Policy?
- Minutes and SMS are subject to a fair usage policy. The fair usage per SIM on unlimited tariffs is set at 3000 minutes and 3000 SMS per monthly billing cycle. Any user going over this fair usage policy will be charged. If the usage continues to exceed the fair usage policy terms, Barclay reserve the right to charge for this usage or bar the services.
- For connections FROM 1st August 2021 Users cannot exceed 500GB data usage per month twice or more in a 6-month period. Connections breaching the policy will be flagged and ask to change their usage profile. Failure to do so may result in termination by Vodafone.
- If 25GB is exceeded whilst roaming in RLAH (Roam Like At Home) or any WTS (World Traveller Service) countries then a out of bundle charge (charged per MB) will apply. For connections PRIOR to 1st August 2021 Customers who regularly exceed 650GB of domestic usage or regularly tether to more than 12 devices in-line with the Fair Usage Policy will be investigated and we reserve the right to bar and/or charge for excess usage.
- Roaming data is capped at 25GB at which point will be barred. The bar cannot be lifted unless a 1GB or 5GB top-up is applied. Once the top-up is fully consumed the user will be barred again. Any user that is found to be breaching the fair usage policy will receive communication requesting them to moderate their usage.
- If the usage continues to breach the fair usage policy terms, Barclay reserve the right to charge for this usage or bar the services.
- This is intended as a guide and doesn’t constitute an exhaustive list of how you could be breaching this Fair Usage Policy. If we reasonably suspect end users of breaching this policy, we reserve the right to impose further charges or disconnect SIM card(s), having attempted to contact you first.