The Role: Receptionist
Type: Full time/Permanent
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Location: Grove House, 145-149 Donegall Pass, Belfast, BT7 1DT
Hours: 39.5 per week
Barclay Communications is a recognised leader and expert in the field of business mobile, landline, IT, app and web design. We’re a vibrant, exciting and fast growing company with a huge plan to increase our workforce in the next twelve months.
We pride ourselves on employing fantastic people who are continually committed to driving the business forward in every aspect including creating and developing new technologies, introducing new customers to the business and providing an unrivalled level of customer service through our account management specialists.
What is the Role?
We view this role to be an extremely important position within the company, representing our business and brand at a very high level to all customers who personally visit our offices or make contact via the phone.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Greet and deal with customers both face-to-face and via the telephone.
- Redirect all calls to the relevant department and extension whilst operating a busy switchboard.
- Ensure that all messages are passed to the relevant departments and people.
- Maintain and update a daily call log sheet.
- Book meeting rooms and ensure that the boardroom is constantly clean, tidy and ready for meetings.
- Assist with the processing of all mail coming in and going out of the office.
- Assist with the processing of all relevant paperwork for couriers and Royal Mail i.e. for lost items.
- Liaise with couriers, organise collections and ensure correct items are received and sent to the relevant department.
- Track all deliveries to customers to ensure items are delivered and received within an efficient timeframe.
- Ensure that the reception area is well maintained and presentable.
- All other administrative duties as and when required.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of one year’s Receptionist experience and operating a busy switchboard within a similar environment.
- Good standard of education; minimum GCSE (including maths and English) or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including verbal, written and active listening skills.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Working knowledge in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel and excellent IT Skills.
- Excellent team player skills.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and professional attitude.
- Smart, professional image and well-presented at all times.
What We’ll Give You:
- 28 days annual holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Corporate gym membership
- Company pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
- Access to in-house training and development coach
- Internal staff incentives – away days, staff functions, team building activities etc.
The following are mandatory for all employees:
- To comply with company policy and best practice in security, legal and regulatory compliance, including compliance to international and national quality standards.
- To safeguard customer information at all times.
- To access, use or disclose customer information only when necessary to carry out the job.
- To complete and maintain up to date all paperwork and processes.
We are an equal opportunities Employer. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.